Terra Nova Solutions, Inc provides industrial and remedial services to several, private sector industries in the eastern and midwestern US including manufacturing, engineering, chemical, transportation, retail and distributed energy. Terra Nova has an immediate opening for an experienced environmental Project Manager on a regional/national basis. Terra Nova services an impressive client base and the Project Manager position will support growth with existing and new clientele.
The Project Manager (PM) reports to the General Manager or Director and manages all elements of the service line execution. The PM also works closely with the Director of Operations, and others to manage the scope, schedule and budget elements of individual service engagements. The PM is responsible for developing and maintaining the project /service financial estimate, proposal and leads the project through final invoice collection.
The PM is also responsible for working collaboratively within Terra Nova’s Health and Safety Management System and performs Health and Safety leadership functions as part of her/his daily work routine. The PM, with the support of other Terra Nova team members, leads crews in the performance of a wide range of remedial and industrial services ranging from on-going, industrial maintenance such as tank cleaning, water/dry ice blasting and equipment cleaning and other time-sensitive work, to planned, longer, more complex soil and groundwater remediation projects.
- Directly manage all aspects of assigned projects /service engagements providing specialized environmental and industrial services. Maintain full responsibility for the financial health of each project and service contract.
- Support and play an active role in the Company’s Health and Safety management system including hazard communication, tracking, near miss documentation, audits and training.
- Support the logical efforts of the Company while managing project-level functions related to labor, internal equipment, rental equipment, specialty materials and waste processing throughout the company’s service territory.
- Assist senior management in the operation of the Company including equipment and capital expenditure programs, budgeting, forecasting etc.
- Cultivate and maintain customer and vendor relationships.
- Participate and collaborate with other team members in all “get work” activities including site walks, estimating support, resource collaboration, proposals and contract negotiations.
- Lead the project level invoice development, review and approval process within the company’s finance operations.
- Produce all, required project level deliverables including submittals, schedules, invoices and other certifications as may be required.
- Assist the leadership team in the management of all project level risks including Health and Safety commercial/ contract risks and liabilities.
- Maintain an unwavering commitment to the adherence of all state, local and federal environmental laws and regulations.
- Proactively manage and accurately track all project level costs utilizing company resources and perform all required reporting requirements.
- Assist the management team in the development of project level staff by leading and or supporting company/division wide initiatives.
- Provide support to the company’s sales team with respect to joint meetings, project and proposal collaboration and general account management tasks.
- Develop/ provide information to the General Manager /VP in support of all company KPI’s and other goal related efforts.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Must have a minimum of 7 years of experience in the environmental and/or industrial service industries.
- Must have mid-level technical knowledge of most (75%) of Terra Nova’s current service offerings with respect to equipment selection, means and methods, pricing, compliance, Health and Safety etc.
- Must show demonstrated success in managing environmental or industrial projects in a safe, profitable fashion during the last 4 years.
- Must be able to motivate teams and work well within team settings groups.
- Must be able to travel to project sites on a semi-national basis for up to 1-2 weeks at a time.
- Must be a creative, problem solver; have strong communication skills, the ability to collaborate with others, be resourceful and have attention to detail.
- Must be comfortable working in a dynamic business setting and managing tight deadlines. Must be able to self-manage nontraditional work schedules.
- Ability to handle operational and client related challenges quickly, calmly and effectively.
- Must have an entrepreneurial spirit and a genuine desire to work as part of a team.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills and able to professionally manage project level staff.
- Must be able to effectively and professionally work with site supervisors and others and motivate team members to get results and achieve targets.
- Must be proficient in use of Microsoft software applications (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint).
- Must be willing to obtain OSHA 40-Hour Hazardous Waste Worker Training, Transportation Workers Identification Card (TWIC),OSHA 8-Hour Refresher Training, and OSHA 8-Hour Supervisory Training.
- Must maintain a Motor Vehicle Record that meets Terra Nova policy requirements.
- Terra Nova offers competitive salaries, bonus plans and progressive health benefits
- 401K with company match
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Paid holidays
- Terra Nova is an EOE employer
- Job Type: Full-time